The Parish Council’s Planning Committee agreed last night (Monday 24th September) to formally object to the proposal to demolish the Red Lion Public House on Harborough Road and replace it with a new retail unit for the Coop.
Grounds for objection included:
- Road Safety – there are concerns regarding the location of the site and its access and parking arrangements. This development would bring increased risks to both pedestrians and road users.
- The building design of the proposed store is not compatible with the designated Brixworth Conservation Area.
- There is an inadequate number of car parking spaces for the size of the store and its likely demand.
- The proposal is contrary to the Daventry District Local Plan Policy EN 2 .
- The development constitutes ‘over massing’ of the site
- The proposed opening hours are unsuitable for a store that is within a conservation area and is predominantly residential.
- The development would have a negative impact on the residential area and its local amenities
To view this application please click on the link. (DA/2018/0580) You can also comment on this proposal from this page.
Daventry District Council is the Local Planning Authority and will make the decision on this application. The date of the DDC Planning Committee is not yet known.