The role of Clerk is to ensure that the Council as a whole conducts its business properly and to provide independent, objective and professional advice and support.
All Parish Council meetings are open to the public. They are led by the Council’s Chairman and advised by a Clerk who is there to see that business is conducted within the law.
A job description will always list the duties in detail but here’s a summary:
- ensures that the council conducts its business lawfully
- administers all the council’s paperwork
- ensures that meeting papers are properly prepared and the public is aware of meeting times
- implements the council’s decisions
- oversees the implementation of projects
- supervises the Parish Council staff
- Maintains property registers and other legal documents
- keeps up to date in local government matters by training and qualification
The Brixworth Parish Clerk works 30 hours per week.